Thursday, December 22, 2011

What happened today? Something sweet!

Okay... this is sort of one of those I have to tell you this story to tell you that story things, but it will all make sense in the end! Read on!

______________________________________________________________________

So I was having sort of a rough morning today.  Last night I received an e-mail from Etsy that was questioning the integrity of my items being handmade.  

It was sort of a threatening feeling e-mail saying if I didn't fill out a long inquiry within a week that my shop would be suspended.  

Of course all of this comes at the worst possible time with Christmas only a few days away! I'd much rather be baking cookies then taking photos of my workspace and filling out long questionnaires on how I make my items.  The person I spoke with at Etsy told me this is a process they go thorough with a lot of shop owners to make sure their products are, in fact, made by hand.  She assured me that it was routine...

I was just a little upset because I work very hard at making sure that my products are not only handmade, but original, stylish, and great quality. I wondered how they decided to throw this my way. 

Did someone come across my shop and personally decide that they didn't feel my items were handmade? Did someone report me? No answers!

ANYWAY. So I thought if I have to fill out this big thing for Etsy in order to keep my shop open, I would share it with you too. :) It's not quite finished yet because of all of the photographing of my work process involved.  I'll be finishing up over the next few days and will share here on my blog as soon as it's finished!

I have always enjoyed selling on Etsy.  I have a lot of really great customers that have come back to me again and again through that website.  I'm taken aback by this whole out of the blue e-mail questioning my product integrity. So, of course, I'm going to comply with their wishes and we'll see how it turns out.

Here's a photo my husband took of me working away:


This is usually where I am! In this chair with my giant basket of yarn or on the couch with my hooks and needles near by... and the baby monitor, of course. :) 


The start of a crocheted flower embellishment. I do, in fact, make these by hand!

I'm going to post a pattern for my crocheted layered flowers so you can try them yourself! That will come in the near future... keep your eyes open!

___________________________________________________________________

So anyway, as I'm feeling a little blue this morning, I hop on over to my facebook page to see what's going on over there today and find this:


It's a sweet comment from my lovely friend Melissa over at Missy B Photography that says: 

"I just wanted to stop by and tell you how hapy I am to have found you! Your hats are so perfect and I'm so happy to call you a friend too! :)"

Talk about perfect timing! Melissa is absolutely the sweetest girl who I've had the pleasure of working with many times in the past year. She does beautiful photography work and beyond that is a truly sweet and enjoyable person to know. I'm blessed to know her and call her a friend! Thank you for the pick me up, you must have just known I needed it today. You're the best Missy B!

_____________________________________________________________________

Thanks for listening... I feel so much better! Happy Thursday!

xoxo, Lisa



No comments:

Post a Comment