Tuesday, December 13, 2011

3rd Gloomy Tuesday

I've posted the past two Tuesdays about how gloomy it was outside and wanted things to brighten up. Well... we meet again. Tuesday. Gloomy outside. Yuck.

Today I've made a big pot of chicken and dumplings with a side of mashed potatoes. I'm trying to decide if I want to make corn bread or biscuits to go with it... I guess I'll let the kids and hubs decide later. Yum! 

My family will definitely be happy tonight! My hubby has also been building us nice fires in our fireplace so it's been cozy and inviting in our house.  With the Christmas tree and lights glowing it's a good place to be on a cold winter night. 

I wanted to share a sweet photo from Photography by Jessica Rivera that puts me in the spirit for the season!


Isn't he the sweetest in his little blue jeans? I adore!

Here's another AWEOMSE freebie from Val over at Pixel Stix Graphics:


Aren't they adorable? Very on trend chevron patterned bottle wrappers with cheery red Christmas accents! Great to take your party decor to the next level of gorgeous. Pop by her website to download then for free and check out her other great freebies!

Here's my recipe for chicken and dumplings. It's crazy easy and delicious!

Chicken & Dumplings

-2, cups of cooked cubed chicken
-10, bullion cubes, chicken flavor
-8, cups water
-1/2, 24 oz. package Mary B's frozen open kettle dumplings (use 12 oz.)
-1, stick butter (1/2 lb.)
-1/2 cup cold water
-1/4 cup corn starch

1. Combine 8 cups water and bullion cubes in a large pot.  Bring to a rolling boil and add frozen dumplings, breaking them into desired size pieces.

2. Reduce heat and cover.  Allow to cook for 30-40 minutes or until dumplings are tender, stirring frequently.

3. In the meantime, combine 1/2 cup of cold water and 1/4 cup of corn starch in a small bowl whisking together until there are absolutely no lumps (re-stir right before adding to your hot dumplings).

4.  Remove lid from dumplings and add the stick of butter (you could totally leave this out but oh my gosh, it's delicious!) and the corn starch mixture.  Add the cubed chicken.

5. Stir until the dumpling gravy thickens, the butter is totally melted, and the chicken is warmed through.

6. Serve with mashed potatoes or however you like.  Makes great leftovers! Heats up well and freezes well so make a double batch! Enjoy!


Happy Tuesday! Let's hope for a brighter one next week!

xoxo, Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment